Saturday, December 19, 2009

Price for shampoo?

I recently purchased shampoo that was $20 (for 16 oz. bottle) at a salon because my friends insisted it was better for my hair. After comparing it to my Alberto VO5 ($0.96) for the same amount purchased at Wal-Mart I see absolutely no difference in my hair only my pocketbook.





Opinions please?Price for shampoo?
This has also happened to me. I seldom got compliments on my hair when I used the expensive shampoos, conditioners, and gel or mousse that I had purchased at the salons.





When I use something like Garnier or Herbal Essence, I get all kinds of compliments. Go figure! I'm not wasting my money on expensive hair products any more.Price for shampoo?
It is perfectly fine to use a ';cheaper'; shampoo if your hair is healthy. Alberto VO5 is a higher alkaline shampoo though, so a good conditioner would be recommended if your hair is dry or damaged. (The higher alkaline means that it strips out the natural oils in your hair.)





If your hair is dry and damaged, then yes, a better moisturizing shampoo and coditioner would be reccomended. But if it is not, then continue using what works best.
Check the ingredients on each label. In shampoos, you want the gentlest cleaning agents possible so they don't strip your hair of moisture. Cocomodipropyl betaine is the gentlest cleanser, whereas sodium lauryl/laurteh sulfate and ammonium lauryl/laureth sulfate are very harsh and bad for your hair. If your salon shampoo has any of the latter harsh ingredients, it's a waste of money. If not, it probably is better for your hair. But --how long have you been using the salon shampoo? if you use it longer, you might notice a difference in your hair. it might take a while for any change to be seen. Anyway, don't expect any miracles, it's just shampoo. Hope I helped.
Well that's called a rip off, and i say that you buy something like Redkin which is like $10 or if your loking for something cheeper than i suggest Herbal Essences becasue thats really great for my hair, i dont think that salon shampoo is really needed it's almost the same thing as any other one, but i also dont suggest Alberto VO5 because those are a little too cheap for pretty female hair and they are not the best choice for your hair in general, so i wuld go either Redkin or Herbal Essences. Also if you decide what shampoo to buy then i suggest for you to buy ones the options lke frizz control or strngthen your hair stuff like that, that fits your hair.
It depends what the shampoo is supposed to do. You might only e able to see a difference after a few washes or when you style it. There maybe no difference, it depends on the brand, etc
ive always used expensive shampoo. it doesnt show a difference immediately but it depends what the shampoo is for. dry hair... greasy hair... normal hair, etc. salon shampoos also help with damaged hair!
You're probably right.


All shampoos are pretty much the same.


What does make a difference is the conditionner.


I use a 2euros shampoo but an 18euros conditionner.


I guess you got your lesson!
stick with VO5 shampoo, but don't forget to use conditioner. Oh yea, VO5 conditioner also costs only a buck.
Most salon shampoos are not that different from drugstore shampoo. Only use more expensive shampoos if you colored your hair. And then go with Paul Michell or John Freida.
...Great?
salons rip u off stick to wat ur used to

No comments:

Post a Comment